Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delightful recipe was given to me by a dear friend. She has a huge blackberry patch, so is always looking for blackberry recipes. This one is served cold, so is especially nice on a warm lazy July evening.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups blackberries
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- Melt butter and mix with flour and press into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then cool.
- Mix cream cheese,powdered sugar & milk together and pour over crust.
- Mix sugar,water,blackberries & cornstarch in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes(or until beginning to set up) then set aside to cool.
- Pour cooled blackberry topping over cream cheese layer, top with whipped topping, refrigerate a few hours.
I tried this recipe, and i followed it exactly, sad to report it is HORRIBLE!!! 6 tablespoons of cornstarch really??? I should of known that was way to much. Im sad I wasted my blackberries, creamcheese & butter on this.
This is a wonderful recipe- a hidden gem indeed! (Thanks Debbwl for your review which made me want to make this!) I had exactly 4 cups of blackberries to use and this recipe fit the bill perfectly. I followed the recipe precisely, and I was not disappointed. It is a perfect balance of sweet, tart and delicious. Thank you so much for posting your recipe. I know this will be one that I make every blackberry season for years to come!
Wow BakinBaby what a hidden gem this recipe is!! DH wanted to give it ten stars. Made as written and will be making again, this is a defiantly a keeper. Thanks so much for the post.