Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light June 2000
- 8 crepes
- 5 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Prepare Crepes; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup blackberries and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Process about 1 minute or until smooth. Strain blackberry mixture through a sieve.
- Combine blackberry purée, 1/4 cup water, granulated sugar, lemon juice, brandy, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese over each crepe, and top each with 2 teaspoons sauce and 1/4 cup blackberries.
- Fold each crepe in half, then in quarters. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce on each of 8 dessert plates; top each with 1 crepe and 1/4 cup blackberries. Sift powdered sugar evenly over crepes.