Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother used my aunt's favorite pie crust recipe for this family favorite! Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or just dump some heavy cream on top! MmmmmmmM!
- Combine the 3 filling ingredients together and set aside.
- For the pastry, cut the shortening into flour and salt mixture, until mealy; beat the egg and mix with the vinegar and water; add to the flour mixture and stir with fork.
- Knead on a lightly floured board 3 or 4 times and roll out 2/3 of the dough into a rectangle to fit bottom and sides of a 7"x12 baking dish; ensure there are no leaks and seal tears with a little water if necessary.
- Put the berry mixture into the pastry shell.
- Roll out the rest of the dough to fit the top of the dish and cut vent holes or designs in the dough; place on the top and crimp the edges together.
- Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for an hour or until center bubbles.
- For juicier cobbler, add a 1/2 cup water before the top goes on.