Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This from the show Pioneer Woman with Ree Drummond. This recipe is different from the other one posted. You can use other berries and it turns out delicious! I'm trying to eat healthier but this is such a treat. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1⁄4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (or frozen)
- whipped cream, and for serving or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour. When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. Top with whipped cream or ice cream . . . or both!