Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a creamery in Knoxville.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 24 ounces blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Melt 1/2 c butter in 9 x 13" glass dish.
- Mix together 1 1/2 c sugar, flour& baking powder.
- Add milk& lightly whisk.
- Pour batter on top of melted butter in baking dish.
- On med.
- heat, cook the blackberries and 1 1/4 c sugar until mixture begins to boil.
- Add blackberries to top of batter and bake in 350 deg preheated oven until batter begins to brown (approx. 20 mins) Cover with as much brown sugar topping as desired.
- (This recipe may be enough topping for 2 cobblers, according to taste) Bake until topping begins to brown, approx.
- 10 mins.
- Cool and top with vanilla ice cream.
Delicious!! This quick and easy dessert is kind of like a cobbler, and kind of like a crisp. I added 1 TBS. corn starch to the blackberry/sugar mixture to thicken as suggested by a previous reviewer. Also, I cut the topping ingredients down to a 1/4 recipe: (3/4 c. brown sugar, 6 TBS. chopped walnuts, 1/2 c. flour, 3 TBS. melted butter), and I had plenty of topping. My blackberry loving husband loved this dessert. Thank you for sharing this quick, easy, and delicious recipe.
Wonderful! Especially for those with a SWEET tooth. I'm a little on the less sweet side for health reasons so the second time I made it I cut down on the sugars by half, would recommend by a third for most people. Butter was too much for me, but I think those who are comfortable with good old recipes will enjoy this one. For a variation after those two I used fresh blueberries and canned peaches for the filling, substituted oats for the nuts on the topping. These recipes are so flexible its hard to mess up when you have the initial one to work from. Ideas for the next would be some cinnamon and ginger in the mix.
Worst recipe ever. This is horrible. Never make this. I have tried this. I cooked this for at least 1 hour, and it was still doughy. The edges were overcooked and the middle never cooked. It tasted really bad too.