Recipe by Chill
This is from a creamery in Knoxville.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! This quick and easy dessert is kind of like a cobbler, and kind of like a crisp. I added 1 TBS. corn starch to the blackberry/sugar mixture to thicken as suggested by a previous reviewer. Also, I cut the topping ingredients down to a 1/4 recipe: (3/4 c. brown sugar, 6 TBS. chopped walnuts, 1/2 c. flour, 3 TBS. melted butter), and I had plenty of topping. My blackberry loving husband loved this dessert. Thank you for sharing this quick, easy, and delicious recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 24 ounces blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 c butter in 9 x 13" glass dish.
- Mix together 1 1/2 c sugar, flour& baking powder.
- Add milk& lightly whisk.
- Pour batter on top of melted butter in baking dish.
- On med.
- heat, cook the blackberries and 1 1/4 c sugar until mixture begins to boil.
- Add blackberries to top of batter and bake in 350 deg preheated oven until batter begins to brown (approx. 20 mins) Cover with as much brown sugar topping as desired.
- (This recipe may be enough topping for 2 cobblers, according to taste) Bake until topping begins to brown, approx.
- 10 mins.
- Cool and top with vanilla ice cream.