Recipe by Ceezie
This tasty treat has helped my family stay healthy, lose weight and still be able to enjoy dessert! Other kinds of berries or even fresh peaches are just as delicious in this cobbler. — recipe from Leslie Browning of Lebanon, Kentucky - TOH
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups fresh blackberries (if using from make sure they are thawed)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca and allspice. Add blackberries and orange juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the yogurt, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Spread over the berry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm.