Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pie is nice, but it's not as easy as cobbler. This shortcut method comes together in less than 5 minutes. It is also a cinch to personalize. You can substitute peaches, or combine stone fruits and berries. Serve with ice cream instead of whipped cream. The possibilities are endless! From Real Simple Magazine September 2006.
- butter (for baking dish)
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh blackberries or 1 (16 ounce) bagthawed frozen unsweetened blackberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Add the berries and 1-1/2 T. of the sugar to dish and toss.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, and eggs until no lumps remain. Pour the batter over the berries.
- Bake until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Easy. Simple. Delicious. Thanks for posting!!
This is wonderful and easy! My family loves blackberries so I knew this would be a hit! It couldn't be easier. Thanks for sharing!