Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe called for frozen blackberries but I substituted 2(12 ounce) packages of fresh blackberries and it turned out delicious. The recipe came from Southern Living originally.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar (more or 1 1/3 cups less depending on sweetness of your berries)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh blackberries or 2 (14 ounce) bags frozen blackberries
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in blackberries until sugar mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Cut 1 piecrust into 1/2 inch wide strips and arrange diagonally over blackberry mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425º for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or freshly whipped sweetened cream, if desired.