Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe called for frozen blackberries but I substituted 2(12 ounce) packages of fresh blackberries and it turned out delicious. The recipe came from Southern Living originally.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in blackberries until sugar mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Cut 1 piecrust into 1/2 inch wide strips and arrange diagonally over blackberry mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425º for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or freshly whipped sweetened cream, if desired.