Recipe by Lainey39
The sour cream pastry makes this recipe different from many others.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Yes, yes, yes ~ This recipe makes one great cobbler! We're just getting fresh blackberries in the market now, & this was a wonderful opportunity to use them! AND the pastry is OUTSTANDING [tasty in its own right]! This is such a great way to greet the Spring/Summer berry season! Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 6 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
Sour Cream Pastry
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons butter (cold and divided)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place blackberries in large bowl.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and lime peel; sprinkle over berries and gently toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, 2 T sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in 5 T butter until crumbly.
- Combine sour cream and heavy cream; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out to fit top of baking dish.
- Place pastry over filling.
- Trim and seal edges; cut slits in top.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Note: If using frozen berries, do not thaw before assembling cobbler.