Recipe by Lane
I loved my grandmother's blackberry cobbler. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to get her recipe. This is a recipe I got from Southern Living Magazine and modified to my taste. It is wonderful!
Top Review by kimberlietx
Perfect! We picked fresh blackberries and I had so many I thought I would try a cobbler for the first time. The recipe was exactly what I needed: fast, easy, basic ingredients. I also used stars (for a birthday party) and it turned out fabulous! Posted 2 pics. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 828.06 ml frozen unthawed blackberries
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 egg white
- 29.58 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the sugar, flour, butter and vanilla.
- Gently stir in blackberries.
- Spoon blackberry mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Cut the piecrust into strips and arrange on top of blackberry mixture.
- Mix together the egg white and water.
- Brush the pie crust strips with this egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and blackberries are bubbly.