Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I loved my grandmother's blackberry cobbler. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to get her recipe. This is a recipe I got from Southern Living Magazine and modified to my taste. It is wonderful!
- Stir together the sugar, flour, butter and vanilla.
- Gently stir in blackberries.
- Spoon blackberry mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Cut the piecrust into strips and arrange on top of blackberry mixture.
- Mix together the egg white and water.
- Brush the pie crust strips with this egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and blackberries are bubbly.
Perfect! We picked fresh blackberries and I had so many I thought I would try a cobbler for the first time. The recipe was exactly what I needed: fast, easy, basic ingredients. I also used stars (for a birthday party) and it turned out fabulous! Posted 2 pics. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
This was a great easy recipe! And it tasted amazing. I doubled the recipe and took it to church. It was gone in 15 minutes. They loved it. Super easy and yummy. I will definitely be making this again
6-8 servings... I made this for 2 and it was gone in less than 24 hours! The only change I made was using gluten free flour which caused the gooey insides to bubble up and completely cover the top crust. Even though it didn't look that pretty when it was finished baking, it still tasted delicious. This is the first time I have ever made a cobbler, and I will continue to use this recipe again and again. Make this, it's amazing!