Recipe by Juenessa
This cobbler won the grand prize in the “Betty Crocker Recipes from the Soul” recipe contest.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries (thawed and drained, do not use blueberries) or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blackberries (thawed and drained, do not use blueberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream or ice cream, to top, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar.
- Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Stir in melted butter until blended.
- Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden.
- Serve warm with cream.