Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a lady at work , who got it from her grandma. I thought it was absolutly wonderful, in fact it is the only blackberry cobbler i now make.
- 6 -8 cups blackberries
- 3 -4 cups sugar (depending how sweet your berries are)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (1 lb) box Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Crust. Mix Bisquick, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and water. May need extra water depending on how dry your dough is.
- Put half of the dough on bottom of a greased 9x12 pan.
- Meanwhile put berries in a large sauce pan and cover with water. Add sugar and boile. Mix in cornstarch that has been added with a little water to make a thin paste. Add to berry mixture.
- Boil till desired thickness.
- Pour into crust.
- Take remaining crust and pat into flat dumplings.lay on top of berry mixture.
- Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrewe's for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.