Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very dear and sweet woman has handed this down through the years in a cook book only the few the "proud" and the Tigers have had the privilege to try. Thank you Louise for this recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 -4 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and all purpose flour in a small bowl.
- Add to the boiling water. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add blackberries; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Combine the self-rising flour and the 3 table spoons sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or 2 forks until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Add the milk; stir until the mixture forms soft dough. **DO NOT OVER STIR**.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough over the blackberries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- **NOTE: when using very sweet berries, you may decrease the 1 cup sugar to 2/3 cup.
This was very easy to make, beautiful and delicious!! My family of five devoured this cobbler in a matter of minutes. Thanks for sharing this perfect recipe!