Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We have multiple blackberry bushes. After looking through Zaar and some of my cookbooks, I came up with this recipe for Father's Day. It was very, very good.
- Melt butter in 9" round pan or 9"x9" square pan.
- Add sugar to butter and stir.
- Add flour to sugar and butter and stir.
- Add milk to above mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle blackberries over mixture.
- Bake at 350 for one hour, until nicely browned.
- I put a foil covered cookie sheet under the pan, just in case.
This was very simple and easy to make. It could use a little more sugar, or to sugar the berries before use. Or maybe even some vanilla? But over-all very good. I got rave reviews as this was my first attempt at a cobbler ever!
I had to pull it out of the oven at 50 minutes or it would have burned. Probably my oven and not the recipe's fault. I ended up sprinkling another 1/4 of sugar over the top before putting it in the oven. Came out fantastic. Super simple and delicious results.