Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Summer at it very best. Nothing could be better for a BBQ dessert or a weekend brunch on the deck.
Make and share this Blackberry-Cinnamon Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup chilled whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Toss berries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Transfer to 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- Bake until berries soften, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix and lemon peel in medium bowl.
- Add cream, tossing until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over filling.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in cup; sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over top.
- Bake until filling bubbles thickly and tester inserted into biscuits comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Spoon cobbler into bowls.
- Top with ice cream.
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!! Do you see what I mean? A 5 Yum recipe for sure!! Oh my goodness this was so simple to make, so perfectly flavored and just allowed the fresh blackberries to shine! I had to reduce this recipe to 2 servings due to my kids eating my fresh berries before I had a chance to make this dish LOL. Did not change one thing except I did not serve with ice cream this time because it tasted to wonderful on it's own. Thanks Annacia for a truly delightful dish. Tagged you in the Photo Tag game.