1/3 Photos of Blackberry-Cinnamon Cobbler
Summer at it very best. Nothing could be better for a BBQ dessert or a weekend brunch on the deck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Toss berries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- 3Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Transfer to 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- 4Bake until berries soften, about 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine baking mix and lemon peel in medium bowl.
- 6Add cream, tossing until soft dough forms.
- 7Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over filling.
- 8Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in cup; sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over top.
- 9Bake until filling bubbles thickly and tester inserted into biscuits comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 10Spoon cobbler into bowls.
- 11Top with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry-Cinnamon Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 328.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g