Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe will be the talk of your table!! You can also omit the chicken and serve as a neat appetizer salad. This recipe is for a single salad but I've made it for groups of 50+ on a large platter. The Blackberry Vinaigrette is available here on RecipeZaar.
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces blackberry vinaigrette (for marinade, see Blackberry Vinaigrette)
- 1 portabella mushroom (1 cap)
- 2 cups mesulin mixed greens
- 2 ounces blackberry vinaigrette
- 2 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 2 ounces candied pecans
- 2 ounces tomatoes (julienned, no seeds)
- 1 ounce carrot (shredded)
- 2 ounces croutons
- Pour 3 oz. blackberry vinaigrette over chicken breast and coat well. Let stand covered in refrigerator for AT LEAST 24 hours, no more that 48 hours.
- OK, for the salad, on a hot, well seasoned char-grill, grill the marinated chicken breast and portabella as you would. Careful when turning, the marinade (dressing) has a high sugar content and will stick to the grill if not careful, but, this also caramelizes nicely for a delicious flavor. The portabella cap will only take half as long to cook as the chicken breast.
- Set cooked chicken breast and mushroom aside on a cutting board to use in a moment.
- The salad?: Put the mixed greens in a bowl along with tomatoes and carrots. Pour the 2 oz. of blackberry vinaigrette over the salad mix and toss until evenly coated. On your favorite large salad plate, place the tossed salad.
- Now, slice the chicken and portabella on the bias into 5 strips. Garnish the top of your salad with them as you would be looking at fan blades.
- On top of the center of the salad crumble the Roquefort cheese. Scatter the pecans and croutons over the salad and serve immediately.
- Be ready for compliments!