Recipe by barefootmommawv
This is out of Taste of Home April/May 08 magazine. It's really good not to sweet. Really juicy and the kids loved it. Good with fresh or frozen blackberries.
- 2 tablespoons fresh blackberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blackberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons berries. Add 1/4 cup broth, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and cumin.
- Place chicken in a 11 in x 7 in x 2 in baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour broth mixture over the top. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper and remaining paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan drippings. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken, spring with remaining blackberries.