Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Make and share this Blackberry Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
Vanilla Cookie Crust
- 11 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet blackberry wine
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blackberries (or frozen, thawed and drained blackberries)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the crushed cookies and chopped almonds; stir in melted butter until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk, one at a time; beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the sweet blackberry wine, almond extract, and vanilla extract; stir in the blackberries and almonds.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; decrease heat to 225° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
10 sparkling, twinkling stars for this recipe! Decadent, rich and oh so delicious. Made for Cooking With Spirits in the Photo Forum.