Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another recipe found in Nee's recipe box. I remember her taking us berry picking as children and when we got home, she would make this for us as a treat for our hard work. This has to be chilled for at least 6 hours. I prefer to refrigerate it overnight before adding the blackberry topping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries (fresh are best but you can use frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Press into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl,whip cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time whipping after each addition.
- Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Pour this batter over the crust and bake 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whip sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour on top of baked cake and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and then chill for at least 6 hours.
- Heat blackberry jam until melted. Add blackberries to the jam and stir well.
- Cool for twenty minutes, then spread over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then let stand at room temp for 10 minutes before cutting.