Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Although the recipe calls for frozen blackberries, you could use fresh berries if you have them available. When my children and I go blackberry picking, this is one of the first recipes I make each year. I use about 1-1 1/2 cups of fresh berries. Recipe found on the net.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 8 ounces frozen blackberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 c sugar, cinnamon and butter; press onto the bottom of a springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese; add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Gradually add in the sugar and mix well.
- Pour over the crust and bake 45 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, 3 T sugar and vanilla; pour over the cheesecake.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and chill for at least 6 hours.
- When you get ready to serve the cheesecake, combine the jam and blackberries in a saucepan.
- Gently heat until just warmed.
- Drizzle over the cheesecake slices.
This might be a duplicate review but didn't look like my first review made it through submit. Great recipe - follow it exactly (well, I did add a little more blackberry topping!) It was awesome and had perfect flavor. Thanks! Made for PAC '08.