Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Although the recipe calls for frozen blackberries, you could use fresh berries if you have them available. When my children and I go blackberry picking, this is one of the first recipes I make each year. I use about 1-1 1/2 cups of fresh berries. Recipe found on the net.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 c sugar, cinnamon and butter; press onto the bottom of a springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese; add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Gradually add in the sugar and mix well.
- Pour over the crust and bake 45 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, 3 T sugar and vanilla; pour over the cheesecake.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and chill for at least 6 hours.
- When you get ready to serve the cheesecake, combine the jam and blackberries in a saucepan.
- Gently heat until just warmed.
- Drizzle over the cheesecake slices.
This might be a duplicate review but didn't look like my first review made it through submit. Great recipe - follow it exactly (well, I did add a little more blackberry topping!) It was awesome and had perfect flavor. Thanks! Made for PAC '08.