This sauce is also good with chicken, turkey, duck, or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor or blender, puree and then strain enough blackberries to measure 1 cup pulp.
- 2In a large frying pan, saute onion in olive oil approximately 5 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- 3Add the blackberry pulp, sugar, and wine.
- 4Simmer sauce until reduced to approximately 1/2 the original quantity.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 6Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Cabernet Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g