Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce is also good with chicken, turkey, duck, or pork.
- 2 cups blackberries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- In a food processor or blender, puree and then strain enough blackberries to measure 1 cup pulp.
- In a large frying pan, saute onion in olive oil approximately 5 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add the blackberry pulp, sugar, and wine.
- Simmer sauce until reduced to approximately 1/2 the original quantity.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.