Recipe by Carol
This is a blackberry cobbler made with a brownie topping instead of the usual 'white/beige' crusts. Blackberries and brownies are a great combination! I have had a bumper crop of blackberries this summer and wanted to try something new. I played with a few brownie recipes and this one works as a pourable topping for the berries.
Top Review by sugarpea
Carol, you're a genius. This worked perfectly and it tasted great! There are only two of us so I divided all the ingredients in half and baked it in a 9x9 dish for 40 minutes. I also picked 2 cups of fresh berries, mixed them with 1 T of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of sugar, and poured the mixture in the bottom of the baking dish without cooking it. It worked just fine. I salute your efforts and creativity. Delicious brownie.
- 4 cups blackberries, thickened and sweetened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into several pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, I used the microwave.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour sweetened thickened berries in bottom of dish.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in bowl.
- Whisk in melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Pour batter over berries, smooth with spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of brownie comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.