1/4 Photos of Blackberry Breakfast Bars
1 hr 5 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups blackberries or 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1For filling, in a medium saucepan combine berries, sugar, water, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or till slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 2In a mixing bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir in melted margarine till thoroughly combined. Set aside 1 cup of the oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 9x9x2" pan. Bake in a 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 3Carefully spread filling on top of baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Lightly press oat mixture into filling.
- 4Bake in the 350 oven for 20-25 minutes more or till topping browns.
- 5Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g