Recipe by TMaruhn
A nice breakfast bread from Southern Living. The blackberries may fresh or frozen
Top Review by Vyxie's Kitchen
This bread was very easy to make. I used frozen berries that I had drained really well. I took it to church, and everyone told me it was good. I will keep this recipe handy since I have lots of blackberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl;
- Stir in blackberries.
- Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).