Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
blackberry bran muffins
- 3 cups wheat bran
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly spray muffin pans.
- In large bowl, combine cereal with milk, let stand 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk brown sugar, egg, molasses and melted butter into cereal mixture.
- Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake 25 to 30 mins or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Note: to sour milk, spoon 4 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar into glass measuring cup, pour in enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand for 5 mins then stir.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to the muffins.