Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Seasons for Sharing.
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- In a saucepan, combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, and nutmeg; heat and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and place pan in a bowl of ice water.
- Stir for 2 minutes; mix in cream and vanilla.
- Cover and plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Place blackberries in a large glass pitcher; pour nog on top.
- Serve immediately.