Recipe by DVG2000
If you're in the mood for a sweet treat, give this recipe for blackberry blondies a try.
- 1 tablespoon davinci gourmet classic caramel syrup
- 1⁄4 cup davinci gourmet classic blackberry syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, egg, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in syrup and flour mixture.
- Add nuts and spread 1/2 dough into 9 inch square pan.
- Mix blackberry jam with lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Drop jam mixture in six places over the dough. Carefully spread the remaining dough on top. With a knife, swirl through the dough in two directions, making a ribbon design.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost with caramel icing after cooling.
- Heat butter in saucepan until it is a light brown color.
- Remove from heat.
- Add syrup, cream and sugar to the saucepan.
- Mix and frost blondies.