Recipe by Xexe
Sunset Magazine had a barbecue contest a few years back and this sauce was the grand prize winner. Recipe has been adapted to use the stove top and not the microwave.
Top Review by Desert Mojo
This has been our favorite BBQ sauce for years since we found it in Sunset Magazine. It stays good for weeks in the refrigerator, so we always have some on hand. Put it on anything grilled! I noticed that more than 1 1/4 cup of berries will make the sauce too seedy. The original recipe calls for the mixture to be microwaved 8 minutes in a Pyrex measuring cup covered loosely with plastic, but the stove-top works too. Thanks for sharing this!
- 1 1⁄4 cups blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse until the berries are fully pureed.
- Pour into a a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer then turn down the heat to low.
- Cook On low until the sauce is reduced by 1/3 be sure to stir occasionally.
- Serve with anything barbecued.