Recipe by Tiyatela - Ina James-Point
This is came together when I was making blackberry jam. A total experiment that worked. I make my own jelly for this recipe. I used to use jam but I didnt like the seeds in my teeth! if you use jelly people wont know the secret ingredient. you may add a dash of hot sauce to fire it up if you enjoy heat. to some this sauce is sweet to others they love it. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry jelly
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup demerara sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine or 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- This is super easy,.
- add all ingredients to a sauce pan and stir over med - low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- this sauce can be used to baste pork back ribs, beef ribs, or chicken wings,thighs or breasts.
- My Brother and Sis in-law said they used this sauce with chicken breast strips for company over for dinner, the guests loved it.
- My tips.
- Be creative and add fresh berries with sauce when serving. I have added a dash of thai hot chile sauce or chilpote sauce.
- This sauce does burn over high heat,I partially cook my meats first then add the sauce after wards.