Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this recipe from my mom. It is adapted from her Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Summer Cookbook. An untried recipe posted for future use.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 lbs golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Add 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, and salt to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Cut in the sliced butter, using a pastry blender, until crumbly; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add blackberries, apples, and remaining flour/sugar; toss to coat; pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.