Recipe by Jan H.
Another favorite from the Vancouver Sun. We enjoy this in the wintertime, made with frozen berries,which I usually let thaw first before using. Has a distinct blackberry taste, even though it calls for apples also.
- 3 cups blackberries
- 3 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine blackberries and apples in a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine granulated sugar and 1 tbsp.
- flour; sprinkle over fruit and toss gently with fork.
- Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- With fingertips, blend butter into flour mixture to form coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes, or until apples are tender.