Recipe by Owen Atwater
One of my employees told me to try putting this on our menu. I was a litle skeptical at first. But now it's become a runaway hit! A tasty way to get your 5-10 servings of fruit a day.
- 2 1⁄2 cups of fresh or frozen blackberries or 2 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup ice wine
- 4 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Berries, Water, and Wine in a blender and semi-liquify the mixture.
- When it is ready, pour into a fair sized skillet and heat until it starts to bubble.
- (Note)- Remember to stir this frequently or else it will burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Once it begans to bubble, add the honey and mix well.
- Once it becomes fairly thick, Pour into a heat proof container (I recommend Pyrex) And leave in the fridge or outside for about an hour.
- While this is cooling, whip the whipping cream as you usually would.
- After the mix is cool, pour a small amount into a wine glass, but remember only to put a small amount at the bottom Add The whipping cream on top of the berries and add another layer of berries on top of the whipped cream.
- Keep doing this so you have layers inside the glasses.
- When you are finished, put in the fridge until ready to serve.