Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sophisticated version of the popular crumble dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 rosemary sprigs, needles removed
- 2 quarts fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 lemon
- ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash together the butter, sugar, flour, and rosemary in a large bowl with your hands.
- In another large bowl, mix the blackberries, sugar, cornstarch, and juice of the lemon.
- Pour the filling into a 9"x13" glass baking pan and spread evenly with spatula.
- Crumble the topping over the blackberry mixture.
- Place the pan on a large cookie sheet to prevent dripping in oven and bake for 1 hour, until the topping is brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or drizzled with cream.