Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nothing better than a cobbler for a southern dessert. This is a mix on one of my mother's recipes. It has a little more crust than typical cobblers. You can use just about any fruit you would like. Make sure to serve with ice cream!
- Roll half of the pie crust very thin and line a 8x8ish inch baking pan.
- Roll other half of pie crust very thin and cut into 2 inch strips.
- Bake half of the 2 inch strips at 350-375F on a cookie sheet.
- In a saucepan, cook blackberries and raspberries, 1 cup of sugar and water until it boils.
- Mix together flour and remaining sugar; add to berry mixture.
- Stir constantly for 3 minutes, until thick.
- Spoon into pastry lined pan and push the cooked crust strips to the middle.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining strips.
- Bake at 425F for 25-30 minutes.
Fantastic! I made this last week for a party and it was gobbled up. That batch I made with fresh picked peaches and raspberries. The only alterations I made was I omitted the butter and used about a little drizzle or two of canola oil instead. I am going to make another right now with blackberries and raspberries. Thank you for the great recipe!
OMG! I have been looking for this recipe for over 28 years! My grandmother made cherry and peach cobbler in the exact way this recipe instructs. She never measured anything and wasn't able to hand it down. Thank you so much, my tastebuds are on their way to childhood happiness!!!
Very, very good! Easy-Peasey to make! My family fought over the cobbler! I used all blackberries in mine. Folks, you gotta try this for an impressive AND quick dessert! Thank you so much for posting this, Thurm! We'll be using peaches next weekend!