Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Found this at Australian Gourmet Traveller online. This was sort of a "two part" recipe so I split it up - tartlets as one recipe and the ice cream as the other. Here is the tartlet recipe: Baked Goat's Curd and Lemon Tartlets. "Recipe by Jonathan Kemble, Star of Greece restaurant (edited by Adelaide Lucas)" Cook/Freeze time completely depends on your ice cream maker.
Top Review by cUte Kitty pUnk
yummy yummy... made it with blueberries... recipe definitly serves more than four... it makes about 750ml... i had a dinner party - we had 9 people... everyone had some - all loved it... there is still some leftover -reminds me of italian ice - smooth and oh so creamy
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in a saucepan and bring almost to the boil.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale, then gradually whisk in hot milk.
- Return mixture to pan and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, add honey, then strain through a fine sieve into a bowl and cool.
- Add cream and blackberries.
- Pour into an ice-cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Freeze ice-cream until required.