Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this at Australian Gourmet Traveller online. This was sort of a "two part" recipe so I split it up - tartlets as one recipe and the ice cream as the other. Here is the tartlet recipe: Baked Goat's Curd and Lemon Tartlets. "Recipe by Jonathan Kemble, Star of Greece restaurant (edited by Adelaide Lucas)" Cook/Freeze time completely depends on your ice cream maker.
- Heat milk in a saucepan and bring almost to the boil.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale, then gradually whisk in hot milk.
- Return mixture to pan and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, add honey, then strain through a fine sieve into a bowl and cool.
- Add cream and blackberries.
- Pour into an ice-cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Freeze ice-cream until required.
yummy yummy... made it with blueberries... recipe definitly serves more than four... it makes about 750ml... i had a dinner party - we had 9 people... everyone had some - all loved it... there is still some leftover -reminds me of italian ice - smooth and oh so creamy