Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From an old issue of Southern Living. I haven't made this yet, but am posting for future use.
- 1 (3 ounce) package blackberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, dissolve the jello in the boiling water; add the orange juice; stir and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar.
- With an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the jello mixture to the cream cheese mixture, beating on low speed until smooth.
- Refrigerate jello-cream cheese mixture until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Alternate layers of jello mixture and blackberries in parfait glasses.
- Chill until ready to serve.