Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another recipe posted for the Zaar World Tour off a UK recipes site. Haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds good and simple.
- 6 green cooking apples
- 2 (16 ounce) cans blackberries, drained
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- confectioners' sugar
- Peel, core and slice the apples thin. Combine apples with the drained berries, 6 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon and place in a 1 1/2 quart ovenproof baking dish.
- Beat together the remaining sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together and add to the butter mixture.
- Spread over the fruit.
- Bake in a 375º oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Dust the top of the pudding with confectioners sugar and serve hot with lightly whipped cream.
Very nice. I dropped the cinnamon and used some nutmeg instead. Served with Clotted Cream Recipe #136918 Zaar World Tour 05