Recipe by Dib's
A great topping for Cheesecake, Ice Cream, or even French Toast. Original recipe is from the Ball Blue Book aka the Canners Bible!
- 3 pints ripe blackberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken,i use a rolling pin (3-inch)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup framboise eau-de-vie
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly mash just enough berries to extract 1/2 cup juice-set aside.
- Combine Sugar, cinnamon, lemon peel, nutmeg and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a damp jelly bag or cheesecloth and return strained liquid to saucepan.
- Add reserved blackberry juice, remaining blackberries and Framboise.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pack hot into jars leaving 1/2 inch head space, making sure you have evenly distributed berries and liquid.
- Remove bubbles and adjust two piece caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- This should make 4 1/2 pints.