Recipe by Muffin Head
This is almost the ultimate cake recipe: it is elegant enough for company; it offers both chocolate and vanilla; most of it's ingredients are already in your kitchen.
Top Review by bekkiteal77
The baking time on this cake seems to be too long. Your instructions say 400 degrees C, did you mean farenheit?? I baked at 400F and after 40min it was beginning to burn a bit. Hopefully the cake is still good. We will know later this evening.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Add oil and juice. Briskly stir in flour mixed with baking powder. Pour half of the batter into a 9-inch Bundt Pan.
- Stir cocoa into the remaining batter and pour into pan. Gently fold the batter in the pan a few times without mixing it.
- Bake cake in the oven (bottom rack) for 50-60 minutes, let cool, and serve dusted with powdered sugar.