Prep 2 hrs
Cook 7 mins
Have not made these yet but going to make them next Valentines Day! Chilling dough is in Prep time
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine butter, sugar, cream cheese, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until well blended. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in waxed paper. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in small saucepan over low heat 4 to 6 minutes or until melted. Dip half of each heart into melted chocolate. Refrigerate on cookie sheets or trays lined with waxed paper until chocolate is set. Store, covered, in refrigerator.