Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious cookies, specially if you make sandwiches of B&W cookies glued together with chocolate. Drizzle with contrast chocolate!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, granulated
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour, additional divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 115 g white chocolate
- 115 g semisweet chocolate
- Beat butter, granulated sugar amd brown sugar in a bowl until light & fluffy. Then beat in eggs. one by one; add vanilla. Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; then add to the butter mix. Beat well; reserve half of dough.
- To make chocolate dough, beat cocoa in to remaining dough until well blended. To make butter cookie dough, beat remaining 2 tbsp of flour in to reserved cookie dough.
- Flatten each dough in to a disc; wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 1/2 hrs or until firm. (Dough can be refrigerated for 3 days before baking).
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Working with one color of dough at a time, place on lightly flored surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Place cut outs 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets (Silpat is great!).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Let cookies stand for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks ad let cool completely.
- For white chocolate drizzle, place baking bar pieces in a small ziploc bag and seal. Heat in microwave oven at medium (50% of power) 1 minute. Turn bag over; heat at same temp for an additional 1 - 2 minutes or until melted. Knead bag until white chocolate is smooth. Cut off a very tiny corner of the bag; then pipe or drizzle white chocolate on to brown chocolate cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 1/2 hours.
- Do the inverse for the brown chocolate on white cookies.
- Black and White Chocolate Sandwiches: Prepare dugh and roll as directed. Cut out both doughs with same cookie cutter. Bake as directed above. Make cookie sandwiches spreading a thin layer of prepared frosting on bottom side of alternate cookies and joining pairs (bottoms to bottoms). Last but not least,drizzle alternate melted chocolate over cookies.