Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very decadent, rich chocolate cookie! They are addictive, so watch out :) They are easy and quick to make. They were one of my favourite cookies when I was a kid.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cream together butter/margarine, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in cocoa powder.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and mix in.
- Stir in flour, then chips.
- Place dough by spoonful on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 14- 16 minutes.
- Do not overbake or cookies will dry out.
i made a big batch of these for a bake sale, and they sold out in 45 minutes!! :D i also added coconut to them, which added a nice twist :)
A very interesting one of a kind recipe. I was looking for a white chocolate chip cookie recipe. I wasn't sure about chocolate, white chocolate chip cookies, but thought I'd give it a try. Glad I did! Dough is sticky thick consistency and tasted like chocolate cake mix. I thought it might not make many cookies...but I ended up making 2 dozen cookies. This recipe is so simple and quick. They are very rich cookies and demand a glass of milk! Yum! Thanks for posting this recipe!
Water? I thought how interesting with deserved baking soda? Then I got scared when I saw how sticky this was...so I added 1/4 cup more flour! I am glad I did! They are so good my husband kept saying these are good, NO these are really good, I mean really really good... all the while my six year old was sneaking one, two, three, four and probably more. Thanks for a yummy and different recipe