Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice, light change from traditional tomato-based chili.
Make and share this Black & White Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Poach chicken breasts in broth 30 minutes, until thoroughly cooked, skimming top occasionally.
- Remove chicken & cut into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
- Add onion to broth, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, adjusting salt to taste. Simmer 15 minutes, allowing flavors to blend.