Prep 7 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My DIL's mother shared this recipe with me and of course, I have to post it here! We love these salads that have fresh from the garden tastes. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onions or 6 -8 green onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- fresh parsley, chopped (approx. 1/4 cup)
- red & yellow pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- In large mixing bowl place the rinsed and drained beans, drained corn, diced tomatoes, onions & celery. Toss lightly to mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar and onion powder. Mix well for 1 minute. Whisk in vinager.
- Pour over bean and corn mixture. Mix well.
- Place in covered storage vessel and chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Stir and garnish with optional red & yellow peppers.
Love it! The combination of beans and vegetables is fantastic and I loved the dressing. It should be noted that this is a sweet dressing, which I enjoyed, but next time I may reduce the amount of sugar. I omitted the parsley and celery because I didn't have any, and did use sweet pepper. Delicious!
We really enjoyed this salad! I did cut the sugar and I served avocado on the side-so good! I hope you don't mind but I passed it along to the ladies at work :) You got 3 more "5 star" reviews from them.
All things good wrapped in one very good recipe. I used the 2T.sugar in the dressing & didn't find it any too sweet at all, just right. Used 1 whole green bell pepper & just tossed it in with the rest of the stuff. This is a great recipe to take to work & have for that mid morning & afternoon snack we all need. Serve it up in little bowls as the dressing will run all over your plate if you don't.