Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old newpaper recipe. A nice side dish at a barbecue and a good way to get some more beans into your diet.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cover tomatoes with 1/2 c.
- boiling water, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving water.
- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick.
- Rinse beans, place in bowl with tomatoes and scallions.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 4 tbsp.
- of tomato water, and salt and pepper, whisking together.
- Pour over beans, tossing lightly.
Excellent salad! Easy, good for you, and delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
This is an excellent salad, Sudie! I took several recipes with me to Hawai'i to make while there, and this one I made and served with grilled ahi. Ahhhhh!!This is an easy recipe to make with wonderful and pleasing flavors. Please, everyone, use a very good grade of balsamic.....it DOES make a difference!! tHE Flavors all were wonderful together, and the texture was good. Lovely to look at too! Definately a keeper in my NEW Tried and True Cookbook here at Zaar! Thanks, Sudie! :-)