Prep 24 hrs
Cook 9 mins
if you are a fan of black walnut cookies, these are excellent
- 3 cups flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup black walnut, chopped fine
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and vanilla.
- beat at low speed, scraping bowl often.till well mixed.about 3-4 minutes.
- stir in nuts.
- divide dough in half --
- shape each half into a 12x2" roll.
- wrap in waxed paper.refrigerate till firm.at least 2 hours.or overnight.
- preheat oven to 350*.
- cut rolls into 1/4" slices.
- place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake 9-12 minutes or light golden brown.
- remove from sheets immediately --
- cool on wire racks completely.
I used 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup packed brown sugar. They came out fine. Thank you for sharing.
This recipe is missing the sugar; I've used 1 1/3 c which seems to work. The mixing directions are also strange. I cream the butter, sugar, eggs, and flavoring then add the dry ingredients followed by the nuts. Also, the rolls should be rolled in sugar before cooling and then again before slicing and baking.
Sounds like a great recipe but how much sugar?