Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from my mom's recipe file. If you ever have black walnuts on hand, this cake is a must try!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup black walnuts in tube pan and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese, then add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and salt, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining black walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.