- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup black walnut pieces
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add syrup and next 5 ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Place walnuts in pastry shell; pour filling over nuts.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes (center of pie will not be set). Cool completely, and serve with sweetened whipped cream.