Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is posted for the ZWT 2006. I have not tried this and it is compliments of epicurean.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped black walnuts or 1⁄4 cup english walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything except your topping ingredients.
- Beat well and thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Spread in a greased cake pan.
- Mix toppings in another bowl.
- Spread toppings on top of cake.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.